venerdì 8 ottobre 2010

Angels & Demons

I was shocked by the reading of James Bulger’s murder to prepare the lesson by Tim Gully. There were a lot of details about the way the child was murdered. I think my stomach was closed for one day. Then I started to wonder:

how are two children (since they cannot be called teenagers) able to kill a two-year child in such a way? What happened in their minds?

Certainly, the familiar situation of these two children was not the best one. But why taking it out on a two-year child and to reduce him in that way?

Looking back I think that sometimes animals are more human than we.

Another aspect that made me reflect is the teachers’ role, these two “guys” had been both sacked, they were annoying in class and finally they played truant. These aspects led the teachers to close them off. I know, usually most teachers are only worried about finishing the syllabus and they do not care about deepening and under standing the behaviour of a pupil, but I think that in this case both the family context and the school, which was not able to spot the problem, are responsible.

Another aspect that I consider incredible is the fact that the 38 people these two guys met on their “death route” didn’t notice there was something strange.

It true sometimes it is easier to think only of oneself and of the external world but if you see a child with a tumid face does nothing light up in your mind????????

I don’t know, sometimes individualism leads us to become egoistic and egocentric.

It is necessary to change this mentality, it is not possible to go on like that.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento